Liver Testing Through a New Investigative Tool
HepQuant: A minimally invasive assessment of chronic liver disease
New Investigative Tools to Evaluate the Liver
assessment of chronic liver disease
Novel technology for minimally invasive
Liver Function Tests: Breaking Through Conventional Thinking About Liver Health Testing
HepQuant is a privately-held, early-stage medical diagnostics company with unique, patented and patent-pending technology for assessing liver function of patients with chronic liver disease. HepQuant technologies, licensed from the University of Colorado Denver (UCD), have been advanced with the intent to profoundly impact the liver disease landscape – including the research, treatment and patient communities – with diagnostic products that are accurate and minimally invasive.
- Greg Everson, MD, HepQuant’s Chief Executive Officer, will be presenting at the NASH Summit 2019, scheduled April 22-25, 2019 in Boston. Everson will be a key speaker during the Clinical Stream Segment entitled “Strategic Considerations for Phase 3 Clinical Trials,” on Tue., April 23rd.
Highlights from the 2nd Annual NASH Summit – Boston | April 2018
- Apr. 4 – HepQuant’s Disease Severity Index (DSI) Demonstrates Hepatic Functional Improvement in High Percentage of NASH Patients Treated with Obeticholic Acid: Results from INTERCEPT 747-117
- Feb. 20 – Hoffman Joins HepQuant as Clinical Lab Manager
- Feb. 14 – First Patient Enrolled in a Pivotal Trial of the HepQuant SHUNT Liver Diagnostic Test
- Nov. 15 – Sarah Downing Joins HepQuant as Senior Manager of Quality Affairs
- Nov. 9 – Receives IDE Approval from U.S. FDA to Initiate Clinical Trial of the SHUNT Liver Diagnostic Kit
EASL International Liver Congress: Greg Everson, MD, and Brad Everson, HepQuant’s CEO and CBDO respectively, attended the EASL International Liver Congress, April 10-14, 2019 in Vienna, Austria. The results of the HepQuant SHUNT test and HepQuant’s Disease Severity Index (DSI) from a clinical trial of NASH treatment were presented and discussed. (To view our abstract, please follow the link and scroll to the abstract number LBP-18.)
HepQuant attended and presented posters at the 2019 NASH-TAG Conference in Park City, Utah in January 2019.
Poster: Title: Hepatobiliary and Metabolic Changes Occurring during Weight Loss and Subsequent Weight Maintenance in Obese Subjects: Implications for NASH Clinical Trials
Poster: Modeling the HepQuant STAT Test for Pre-screening NASH Subjects to Enrich Study Populations for the Desired Stage of Disease
AASLD Liver Meeting – HepQuant attended the AASLD Liver Meeting in San Francisco, Nov. 9 – 13th. The company presented 2 posters:
- “Defining and Monitoring Liver Disease in Chronic Hepatitis C: A Comparison of the Disease Severity Index (DSI) from the HepQuant SHUNT test with Ishak Fibrosis (IFS) from Liver Biopsy.” Everson GT, Helmke SM. Hepatology 2018;68:910A. Annotation: This study suggests that DSI may be more sensitive than IFS in measuring serial changes in disease in patients with chronic hepatitis C.
- “Defining Disease Severity and Measuring Progression in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC): A Comparison of the Disease Severity Index (DSI) from the HepQuant SHUNT Test with Serum Alkaline Phosphatase (Alk Phos).” Helmke SM, Everson GT. Hepatology 2018;1087A. Annotation: This study suggests that DSI may be more sensitive than Alk Phos in measuring serial changes in disease in patients with PSC.